If you are looking for a first class and reliable airport transfer in Melbourne then look no further than Bus Charter Melbourne. We are the number one group transportation company in Melbourne specialising in airport transfers and many other great excursions in and around the area.
Tullamarine Airport is the second busiest in the whole of Australia, and has grown considerably since it opened in 1970. Prior to then arrivals to Melbourne landed at Essendon Airport.
Just 20 kilometers from Melbourne is the only international airport that services the city. To date you can catch flights to 33 destinations in Australia, plus international flights to Asia, North America, Europe and the Pacific area.
The airport is a major hub for Qantas and Virgin Australia plus also Jetstar and Tiger Airways.
Tullamarine has four terminals and is the number one destination for four of Australia’s seven other state capitals.
Unlike other airports the four terminals are all under one roof in a single building which makes connections really simple.
- Terminal 1 – A domestic terminal with regional services operated by Qantas and QantasLink. All departures are from the first floor with arrivals on the ground floor.
- Terminal 2 – Handles all international flights and some domestic. Airlines operating from this terminal are Qantas, Cathay Pacific, Malaysia Airlines, Air New Zealand, Singapore Airlines, Etihad and Emirates.
- Terminal 3 – Is the home of Virgin Australia and all their flights operate from this terminal.
- Terminal 4 – A main terminal for Tiger Airways Australia and other budget airlines such as Regional Express Airlines, Jetstar and Airnorth.
Qantas domestic flights use Terminal 1, whilst Terminal 2 is reserved for international arrivals and departures. Virgin Australia operate from Terminal 3, and Jetstar and Tiger Air use Terminal 4.
Destinations & Airlines
- International Airlines – Qantas, Air France, KLM, China Eastern, Singapore Airlines, Turkish Airlines, Virgin Australia, Emirates, Jetstar, Air New Zealand, Air China, United, Thai, Lufthansa, Austrian, Qatar, Etihad, Malaysia, Italia, Sri Lankan, Virgin Atlantic, Finnair, Fiji Airways, Royal Brunei, Cathay Pacific, British Airways, American Airlines, Philippine Airlines, Vietnam Airlines, and Xiamen Air.
- Domestic Airlines – Virgin Australia, Jetstar, Tigerair, Qantas, British Airways, Emirates, American Airways, Rex, China Southern, and China Eastern.
Figures of passengers for 2014-2015 using the airport showed 190,000 aircraft movements and 32 million passengers.
Without doubt this modern airport is one of the busiest and most efficient in Australia and is a popular choice for many international travellers to arrive when coming to Australia.